Sharon Bruneau, part Métis part French Canadian, began her career as a fashion model, at what she remained successful until contracting a strong pneumonia which caused her to lose much weight. Soon after her recovery Sharon Bruneau began to train with weights in order to regain the weight she needed to get back to modeling.
Miscellaneous Facts about Sharon Leigh Bruneau
- Sharon Bruneau was born February 1, 1964 to working class parents (see photo on right) in Timmins, Ontario, Canada, a suburb of Toronto.
- Sharon Bruneau's unique beauty comes from her Métis Indian lineage (a mixture of French-Canadian, Cherokee and Cree Indian).
- Sharon Bruneau was very active as a child excelling in dance and other sports (Sharon was a cheerleader at East York High School in Toronto, Canada.
- Sharon Bruneau studied dance throughout her teens which eventually landed her numerous Television appearances in Canada. Sharon's dance skills landed her positions with several concert tours that included David Bowie's "Glass Spider Tour.
- Sharon Bruneau relocated to Vancouver, British Columbia where she began study and work as a model and actress.
- Sharon Bruneau became a highly successful working fashion model and actress in Canada before she caught the bodybuilding bug.
- Because of her dance ability Sharon Bruneau also was a sought after choreographer (Sharon was one of 3 Choreographers for the "Men of Chippendales", Canada).
Current Miscellaneous Facts about Sharon Leigh Bruneau
- Sharon Bruneau currently resides in Calabasas, California (greater Los Angeles suburb, approximately 40 miles north of LA)
- Sharon Bruneau is married to Scott Workman
- Sharon Bruneau loves cruising with Scott on his monster cruiser at the beach.
- Sharon Bruneau has a black Pug named Jack (see photo of Jack on right)
- Though long since retired from fitness competitions in 1997, Sharon Bruneau still loves to work out but no longer in the iron gym. Sharon's passion and athletic background stems from ballet/jazz which has become part of her exercise routine once again doubled up with Pilate's and Wushu.
Sharon Bruneau's Transition from Modeling and Dance to Bodybuilding
At the pinnacle of her modeling/dance career, Bruneau contracted pneumonia. To rehabilitate she started to lift weights. Sharon Bruneau was a natural, responding very quickly to the workouts. After achieving a somehow toned build she was rejected at model agencies for being oversized. Sharon fell in love with her new look and decided to give up modeling and dedicate herself to bodybuilding after receiving positive feedback and encouragement from Bodybuilding Mogul, Joe Weider.
With her striking good looks and natural abilities, within a few short years, Sharon Bruneau became one of the most famous women in the sport, leading to frequent photo shoots and magazine covers.
Sharon's Pro debut was the 1991 IFBB North American Championships
Sharon Bruneau's Bodybuilding Milestones
- After winning the North American Fitness title, Sharon Bruneau was contracted internationally by Weider Health and Fitness and is currently one of three woman spokespersons with the organization. Whether appearing in advertisements promoting Weider nutritional products, or gracing the covers of either MUSCLE & FITNESS, ELLE, or SHAPE magazines Sharon Bruneau's consistent popularity and presence affirms that customers recognize the Sharon Bruneau name, persona, and unmistakable figure.
- Sharon Bruneau was one of the first women to be signed under contract with Weider Health & Fitness, Weider Publications from 1991 - 1998.
- Sharon Bruneau has appeared on numerous fitness and bodybuilding magazine covers internationally. Sharon became one of the most famous women in the sport, leading to frequent photo shoots and several covers for magazines like Muscle & Fitness and Flex.
- Sharon was called "Bodybuilding's No. 1 pin-up" by FLEX magazine in 1992 through 1997. Editor-in-Chief of MUSCLE & FITNESS magazine, Tom Deters stated, "If had three more Sharon Bruneau's gracing my covers and pulling numbers like she can , I could retire in the Cayman Islands within a year!" Weider Corporation's editorial Zeitgeist has only been enhanced by Bruneau's unique looks and reputation. In fact, both FLEX and MUSCLE & FITNESS have experienced incredible boosts in 'sell through' ratios when Bruneau adorns their covers.
Sharon Bruneau Bodybuilding Contest History
- 1991 IFBB North American Championships - 1st (HW)
- 1991 IFBB North American Championships - Overall Winner
- 1992 Ms. International - 4th
- 1992 IFBB Ms. Olympia - 11th
- 1993 Ms. International - 7th
- 1993 IFBB Ms. Olympia - 10th
- 1994 Ms. International - 6th
- 1994 IFBB Ms. Olympia - 16th
- 1995 Fitness Olympia - 11th
Sharon Bruneau Retires from Bodybuilding
Sharon Bruneau retired from bodybuilding competition after the 1994 Ms. Olympia contest, switching to fitness competition. After placing 11th in the 1995 Fitness Olympia, she retired from competition completely.
Sharon Leigh Bruneau Makes Her Mark in Hollywood
- Sharon Bruneau moved to Los Angeles from Canada in the spring of 1992, where she became a working actress, working fitness model and establishing her current career as a working stunt woman.
- Sharon Bruneau has hosted numerous fitness shows, events and network specials.
- Sharon hosted various Television and Video specials throughout the years.
- Sharon's Hollywood Resume is impressive. Highlights of her career include but are not limited to:
- Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding (2003) (TV) (uncredited).... Venus Swimwear Bikini Girl R.S.V.P. (2002/I).... Female Victim
- Auction live: The Treasures of James Cagney (2000) (TV).... Co-Herself - Host
- Erotic Confessions: Volume 11 (1999) (V).... Molly (episode "Room with a View")
- "Erotic Confessions" .... Molly (1 episode, 1998). - Room with a View (1998) TV episode.... Molly
- Nemesis III: Prey Harder (1996) (V).... Lock
... aka Nemesis 3
... aka Nemesis 3: Time-lapse
- Nemesis 2: Nebula (1995) (V).... Lock
... aka Nemesis 2
- Tornado Run (1995).... Major Theresa Mitchell
- "The Other Half" .... Herself (1 episode, 2003)- Episode dated 5 March 2003 (2003) TV episode.... Herself
- "Berman & Berman" .... Featured Guest / ... (1 episode, 2002). - Dreams and Sex (2002) TV episode.... Herself/Featured Guest
- AMC Live: The Hollywood Auction (2001) (TV).... Herself - Presenter
- Sexy Swimsuit Spectacular #5 (2000) (V).... Herself. ... aka Ironman Magazine's Sexy Swimsuit Spectacular #5 (USA: complete title)
- "The Infinite Power Workout" (1997) TV series.... Herself/Guest
- "The RuPaul Show" .... Featured Guest / ... (1 episode, 1997). - Episode #1.2 (1997) TV episode.... Herself/Featured Guest
- "Talk Soup" .... Bikini Girl Skit with John Henson (1 episode, 1997). - Episode dated 23 May 1997 (1997) TV episode.... Bikini Girl Skit with John Henson
- "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" .... Herself (1 episode, 1996). - Episode dated 8 November 1996 (1996) TV episode.... Herself
- Playboy: Hard Bodies (1996) (V).... Herself
- "Geraldo" .... Featured Guest / ... (1 episode, 1994). aka The Geraldo Rivera Show (USA: new title). - Episode dated 4 July 1994 (1994) TV episode.... Herself/Featured Guest
- "Body Shaping" (1988) TV series.... Herself
- "Muscle Magazine" (1987) TV series.... Herself - Host (unknown episodes), aka ESPN American Muscle Magazine (USA: new title)
- Fast & Furious (2009) (completed) (precision driver) ... aka Fast & Furious 4 (Singapore: English title)
- "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (stunt double) (1 episode, 2008)... aka CSI: Las Vegas (South Africa: English title: informal alternative title) (USA: syndication title)
... aka C.S.I. (USA: short title)
... aka CSI: Weekends (USA: promotional title)
... aka Experts, Les (Canada: French title)
- A Thousand Days on Earth (2008) TV episode (stunt double)
- Smokin' Aces (2006) (stunt performer)... aka Mi$e à prix (France)
- Single White Female 2: The Psycho (2005) (V) (stunt double: Brooke Burns)
- R.S.V.P. (2002/I) (stunt double: Motorist)
Photos of Sharon Bruneau
Sharon Bruneau, writer Jeff Behar and Lauren Powers, January 26, 2008 at a memorial tribute for the late Kenny Kassel at the Baked Potato Jazz Club in Studio City
Bottom Line on Sharon Bruneau
Whether Sharon Bruneau is dancing, modeling, acting, producing, bodybuilding, emceeing, guest appearing or hosting a motivational fitness event, all eyes are on Sharon. Sharon's stunning good looks, amazing personality and work ethic has always enabled Sharon to stand out in a crowd.
Sharon Bruneau has made an incredible, positive impact to hundreds of thousands of people either, both male and female, through her many images, or to those who have had the chance to come in direct contact with her amazing energy.
I feel very fortunate to know Sharon and to be Sharon's friend.
Jeff Behar, CEO