The classic Barbell Bench Press is a staple in a typical weight lifting routine, exercising the chest pectorial muscles.
What you need for the Barbell Bench Press
Barbell Bench Press Instructions
- Set the barbell in the bench barbell rests
- Lay down on the bench, face-up.
- Grasp the barbell firmly with both hands and lift from the barbell rests.
- Lower the barbell at a medium speed to your chest.
- Lift the barbell until arms are fully extended.
- Repeat until fatigued.
Comments on Barbell Bench Press
Be careful not to let the barbell rest or bounce on your rib cage to prevent injuries. If you are going to push your limits, make sure that you have a spotter available before attempting the barbell bench press.